Vehicle Mounted CraneMarch 15, 2019 2019-04-26 9:33
Vehicle Mounted Crane
[ms_panel title=”Course Content” title_color=”#000″ border_color=”#ddd” title_background_color=”#f5f5f5″ border_radius=”0″ class=”” id=””]
This is a one-day course in Vehicle Mounted Crane.
Who Should Attend?
Staff who will be operating vehicle mounted cranes (VMC) as part of their job.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the VMC.
- Be aware of hazards associated with VMC operations.
- Use the VMC without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Complete safe rigging practices
- Use of controls
- Correctly stow VMC for travel
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind VMC.
- How to deal with loads.
- General maintenance.
- Refuelling procedures.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 5 participants.
- One-day duration.
Participants receive a KSTS certificate which is valid for three years.