Chainsaw TrainingMay 19, 2015 2019-04-23 14:14
[ms_panel title=”Course Content” title_color=”#000″ border_color=”#ddd” title_background_color=”#f5f5f5″ border_radius=”0″ class=”” id=””]
This is a one-day training course on basic chainsaw safety awareness.
Who Should Attend?
Staff who will be operating tractors as part of their job.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to sharpen and change the chain.
- Select the correct type of saw for the job in hand
- Be aware of hazards associated with operations.
- Use the machine without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind such machines.
- How to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
- Correct cutting techniques.
- General maintenance.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 6 participants.
- One-day duration.
Participants receive a KSTS certificate which is valid for three years.