MEWP Scissors Lift, Boom Lift, Static Boom (e.g. spider lifts), Vehicle MountedMarch 15, 2019 2019-04-23 15:36
MEWP Scissors Lift, Boom Lift, Static Boom (e.g. spider lifts), Vehicle Mounted
[ms_panel title=”Course Content” title_color=”#000″ border_color=”#ddd” title_background_color=”#f5f5f5″ border_radius=”0″ class=”” id=””]
MCWP (Mast Climbers):
MCWP (Mast Climbers) is a separate half day course.
Who Should Attend?
Staff who will be operating MEWP’S as part of their job.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Be aware of hazards associated with operations.
- Use the machine and without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Know how to fit a harness and lanyard safely and correctly.
- Know how to spot the machine safely and correctly.
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind such machines.
- Harness and lanyard safety.
- Working at height dangers from such machines.
- Duties of the spotter.
- How to deal with loading and loading machine on to trailer.
- General maintenance.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 6 participants.
- One-day duration.
Participants receive a KSTS certificate which is valid for three years.