Over Head CraneMay 4, 2016 2019-04-26 10:10
Over Head Crane
[ms_panel title=”Course Content” title_color=”#000″ border_color=”#ddd” title_background_color=”#f5f5f5″ border_radius=”0″ class=”” id=””]
This is a one-day course in Over Head Crane.
Who Should Attend?
Staff who will be operating overhead cranes (OHC) as part of their job.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the OHC.
- Be aware of hazards associated with OHC operations.
- Use the OHC without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Complete safe rigging practices
- Use of controls
- Travel correctly with OHC
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind OHC.
- How to deal with loads.
- General maintenance.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 8 participants.
- One-day duration.
Participants receive a KSTS certificate which is valid for three years.