VDU Assessors ProgrammeMarch 19, 2019 2019-04-26 9:30
VDU Assessors Programme
[ms_panel title=”Course Content” title_color=”#000″ border_color=”#ddd” title_background_color=”#f5f5f5″ border_radius=”0″ class=”” id=””]
This one-day programme equips participants with the knowledge and skills to carry out VDU Assessments correctly.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors, office personnel responsible for VDU operators and workstations.
Mechanisms Used to Assimilate Knowledge
The course is highly participative. Participants take an active role in all modules. They are provided with a variety of checklists to facilitate them in assessing VDU workstations in their workplace.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the General Application Regulations 2007
- Understand the factors that constitute an assessment
- Understand ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout
- Appreciate the postural implications of VDU workstations
- Carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators on the methods of work
- Ergonomics and Anthropometrics
- An introduction to the relationships between the individual, the task, the environment and the work equipment
- Legal Requirements
- Discussion on Irish and European legislation pertaining to VDU’s
- Perceived and real hazards of VDU work
- Controversial topics ranging from alleged reproductive hazards to radioactive emissions, which have been associated with VDU’s, will be addressed. Recent studies and their results will also be examined
- Principles and Aims of Assessment
- Assessment Techniques
KSTS 3-year certification
10 per session